Our pest control team arrived in Liverpool to find a large rat infestation had taken over a property. Liverpool has suffered problems with rats recently due to new construction work.
Places to check for rats around your property in Liverpool
Rats are constantly foraging for food or a water source. Gardens and yards will be the first port of call. Limit rat activity by securing waste in your wheelie bin. Furthermore, remove or invert any containers that may collect rain water. Our Liverpool pest control technicians are fully trained to locate rats and their living spaces.
Rats living in outbuildings and under sheds in Liverpool
Check for signs of holes or rat runs leading under foundations, also gnawing of any timber. Empty snail shells can also be an indicator that rats have made a home.
How do rats get into your property in Liverpool?
Once the temperature drops and cold night are upon us. Rats will try to find many ways to gain access into your property. Our Liverpool pest control team are specialists in finding these pest hot spots.
- Defects in drains can be an issue. Rats can chew through drains and newly fitted flexible toilet soil pipes. Rats incisor teeth can exert a pressure of 7,000psi and can produce up to six bites per second
- Broken air bricks are also a popular entry point for rats. This will provide them with full access underneath your property’s void. Once under the void, rats will find many locations to gain access into your home.
- Rats can easily climb through drainage pipes. Moreover, rats will use the drainpipes as a guide to help them move through your property. There claws are sharp and very effective for climbing up the wall. Once they reach the top they have full access under your tiles or can chew through soffits.
- Neighbouring properties can also have an effect on rats entering your Property in Liverpool. They can move freely between lofts or cavity walls. Our pest control service will provide you with a full site survey and no obligation quotation that will address these concerns.
What types of rats live around Liverpool?
Norway Rats In Liverpool
- The Norway rat is thought to have originated in south eastern Siberia and Northern China.
- Recorded in Britain as early as the 18th century
- Introduced from ships in Russia and Norway but never originated from Norway despite the title
- The Norway rat has adapted to urban environments
- Norway rats live in well-developed burrow system’s. Burrows will have multiple points of entries and exits. And interconnected chambers
Ship rats in Liverpool
The ship rat (Rattus rattus) – black rat is said to have originated in Southeast Asia. In London and York, rat remains had been discovered inside Roman deposits. The Black rat, may have arrived in Britain as early as 2000 years ago via trading routes.
The ship rats populations can increase exponentially if the conditions are right. They can also adapt to a wide range of habitats including residential buildings, warehouses and other settlements. Rats also favour agricultural areas. Rats access wall cavities and roof spaces because they are excellent climbers. Nests are constructed from shredded waste material.
Pest control service treatment for rats around Liverpool
Your local Liverpool Pest Control Service team will provide you with a full site survey. In addition we will identify the level of pest activity around your property. All our Pest Control treatments are safe for you and your family.